<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/4174362502486325699?origin\x3dhttp://junsui-na-aku.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Thursday, July 31, 2008

Omg, I've been having interesting time (well, as interesting as it can get at this point in time, that is). I even have a special topic today! Last night's debate. Dun dun dun....

Anyway, first things first.
On Monday, I had a jap test (reading and writing). Today, I had a jap test (listening). Mext Monday, I have a jap test (speaking). Hmmm.... you'd think we'd be able to get through these tests quickly too.

Basketball is tiring.... but it's okay. It's not that bad. Heh, Adam came 20mins late because he thought we were at the school courts and not the stadium. Damian switched into basketball too. We're going to have a push-up competition. Bring it on, ay? .

We had the ICAS (I-C-AS) maths competition on Tuesday. So failed that since it didn't seem that hard. There was the Westpac competition today as well, but I didn't pay for it so I didn't do it. Heh, the rest of us who didn't pay we just playing cards for the whole of Science today. So I don't think I made that much of a lost.

"Due to unforeseen circumstances, I couldn't print off my speech" is what I said to my English teacher on Monday. Which was true. I didn't know that my printer was going to be stuffing up so I couldn't print it off. And I also didn't know that one of the school printers wouldn't be stuffed as well. So my excuse is not an excuse, it is a reason and explanation. But I did my speech on Wednesday. Urgh....

Oh, in social dance on Tuesday, we had a Snow Ball. Kinda funny. Otherwise, we wouldn't have been able to have Aly-Yi. That's an awesome name, Aly-Yi.

But moving on over to debating. Our topic was that our generation needs corporal punishment, we were the Affirmative and were against Guildford Grammar School. However, this was a make-up round, so instead of it being at Perth College, it was instead at St Mary's. Which was near the beach somewhere. And it took us a bit more than half an hour to get there from Adam's house.

Anyway, we got there on time, entered our room, only to find out that the opposing team had filled out the sheets wrong, putting their name into the Affirmative part instead of the Negative part. Both of them. Real smart, ey? You'd think of them would notice.

First speaker was Damian, after much arguing and persuading. It was either me or Damian. Adam and Alyson were supposed to judge who was the better speaker, but once we got down to that, Damian said he was fine with the speech and so he ended up being first speaker anyway. And besides, all the other speeches had "he" in them to reference to the first speech, and we didn't have the time to change them all the "she". xD
Even with a not-so subtle slowing down technique after hearing the warning bell, he finished off nicely, but with no bowing this time.

Then came the opposition, who actually challenged our definition because it was too narrow and saying that we should include home life as well as the educational side of things. But this didn't do them much good since they didn't really talk much about the home side of things. But anyway, his rebuttals weren't all that great. They were blown waaaaaay out of proportion and assumed waaaay too many illogical things.

Second up, Alyson, who spent three and a half minutes on rebuttals, and went overtime, Although it was all good. Her rebuttals kinda made the oppositions case go "ka-pow". She even refused the challenge and had lots of fun saying "The United Nations Declaration of Human Rights states...." and so on.

Second speaker of Guildford .... uhmmm.... well, yeah. His rebuttal was like, less than 30 seconds. I wasn't even sure when he started or even stopped.... Everything he said had already been addressed by Alyson....

I'm proud of Adam. He only said "let me remind you" three times during the time he was rebutting. It's a new record. The oppositions case had already been torn apart by Alyson, so all he did was shred it even more.

Now, the last speaker of Guildford. There was a big contrast to him and the other speakers. The other speakers sounded more mature than him, even though he was probably the best speaker on the team. He was a kid.... "It is too!" He even sounded like a kid. And like a kid, he introduced a new point in his speech. Big no-no in debating. What he's supposed to do is attack our case, which he kinda did and didn't. He skipped heaps of our points in his rebuttals, and his rebuttals only went on for less than two minutes (I know all this time thing because I was the chairperson and timekeeper :D). He also has six bank accounts. I don't why the hell he would want to do that but hey, just thought you might like to know.

Anyway, all in all, we won against a yr9 team. And want some yr8 ass.

None of us ate chilli, although Damian was taught how to use chopsticks at dinner.

Everyone happy.


DarkAngel81`* 3:01 PM
_________________________________________________________________________





DarkAngel81


About Me

Anime freak, X-Japan lover, FF.net obessed, Jrock VK fangirl, green tea ice-cream's sweet heart, procrastination best/worse friend/enemy.
I rock and you know it.


Likes

anime
manga
food
sleep
bubble tea
coffee
ice-cream
pasta




Friends


| Alyson | Lys | Gel | Jess | JB | Sheryl | Shez | Pure Evil |


Credits


Designed by islenska | Blogger | Blogskins


Talk to Me





History


April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
January 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009