<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/4174362502486325699?origin\x3dhttp://junsui-na-aku.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Thursday, June 19, 2008

In honour of our dearest Lysie, who's latest thing is to say "te che" when dwarfing a point made by someone. Or when she just disagrees with you.

I should be doing my English report/s at this point in time, but alas! I am very loyal in the updates of my life, though I am afraid that this post will not be a long one to entertain the minds of my viewers. However, I have noticed that every time I say that the post shall not be long, it normally does end up long, so do not be afraid. This might allow you to procrastinate from whatever activities you were engaged in before becoming bored and randomly deciding to read the latest points of my otherwise boring life.

I should start of the ever important books. I am currently reading Persuasion by Jane Austen after finishing another one of Jane Austen's work, Northanger Abbey. I must say I love the last line of that particular book. I should also mention that I had recently read the popular Twilight by Stephenie Meyer and is now onto the second book, New Moon.
Whilst on the topic of books, I am proud to say that I have bought The Complete Set of Jane Austen ... for my dear Shezzy. She is now in my debt. Even if it was her birthday present.

Another thing I should mention is the ability (or lack thereof) of my new jap teacher. I has said (somewhere in my previous posts, I think) that I will give her chance. However, that chance is now gone and here is my opinion on her. That she shouldn't be teaching us jap. Not only can't she control the class very well, she spends the lesson doing nothing. Yes, she says it's because half the class don't do their homework, but who's fault is that? There is a thing call "cream of the crop". Those who are falling behind will feel the pressure and will either damage their marks by not doing anything about it or obligate their duty as a student and complete set work. And because she had not worked that out, the lesson today was a waste of time where the whole time was checking homework. I would learn more if I self-taught myself, like what me and Sheryl did in Yr8.

As I have mentioned in my previous post, there was a photograph in the school's newsletter. And now that a new edition has come out, there has been another section in said newsletter on debating. But oh no! There are two photographs in there. And as you can guess, there was no sign of the Senior Team, or my team. Instead, they put the OTHER junior team in there (half of them wearing blazers and ties while the other half didn't), and the OTHER Yr8 team (whose photo was blurry so I couldn't pick out any flaws). If there will be another photo to be placed in the newsletter which does not showcase my team or the senior team, then I shall express my outrage.

Now, to the topic that you have been eagerly waiting for (or I surely do hope so), the debate last night. After informing you about the mix up of rooms before the debate (which was no fault of our team since the other junior team went in our room instead of their rightful one. I mean, couldn't they see that the sign outside the door said "Willetton 1" when they are "Willetton 2" and that the sign said that Willetton was Affirmative when they are Negative? Apparently not), I think it should be fair the I remarked on the resemblance of yesterday's night debate to one of Phoenix Wright's cases.

It is normal for the Affirmative team to have a model as they are the one asserting a change. However, since the topic was "That prisons shouldn't be privatised", we (as the Affirmative) were stating that we did NOT need a change and therefore could not have had a model. BUT, this leads to the opposition, the Negative, to be able to put forward a model as they were the ones proposing a change, even though the Negative is normally not allowed to have a model and is instead, supposed to attack the Affirmative team's model. Turnabout indeed. Needless to say, this put us off balance, resulting in a loss of 4 points, which, if you have read this blog before and can remember, is a lot. It means that all (or at least two) members of the opposing team have gotten scores higher than all of the members on our team.

But now I must tell my faithful readers about the bad bad bad manners displayed last night. As you know, the Senior team is composed of Yr11's and a Yr12, who at the moment, have exams. And it is common for Yr11's and 12's to study for these exams without having anything else to worry about. Ergo, they asked Ballajura for a postponement. However, Ballajura refused to postpone and thus making the Senior team rush to the venue to debate. However, Ballajura did not show up. Nor do I think they cancelled. Which reminds me of last year, when two schools we were debating against forfeited without telling us, which really annoyed us.

Nonetheless, I have learnt a very important lesson (as well as Damian). To not eat chilli before a debate.

And I can't forget about the Career Expo tomorrow. xD


DarkAngel81`* 5:33 PM
_________________________________________________________________________





DarkAngel81


About Me

Anime freak, X-Japan lover, FF.net obessed, Jrock VK fangirl, green tea ice-cream's sweet heart, procrastination best/worse friend/enemy.
I rock and you know it.


Likes

anime
manga
food
sleep
bubble tea
coffee
ice-cream
pasta




Friends


| Alyson | Lys | Gel | Jess | JB | Sheryl | Shez | Pure Evil |


Credits


Designed by islenska | Blogger | Blogskins


Talk to Me





History


April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
January 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009