<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/4174362502486325699?origin\x3dhttp://junsui-na-aku.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Thursday, May 29, 2008

Yesh, it's a 4-day weekend for me.... and the sad thing is that I'm planning to do school work during it.... so no partying, etc. Just me and work... see how dedicated I am to my education?

Newayz, today was free dress and wear something red day. Of course, not all of us wore something red, and some (I know one) didn't even bring in their gold coin donation, which kinda defeats the purpose, kinda. Then there was Frame and Jobbs friend. :D I'm not complaining. And Andrew... his jacket was awesome. I want!! Which reminds me of a jacket I saw in HK that I wanted, but wasn't allowed to get because it was actually a guy's jacket. I'll hunt for it next time I go.

Missed out on Legal Studies today. BULL-YAH~!! For "community service". So I have another hour of community service. It wasn't even for an hour, but oh well. Me and Sheryl got to go shopping. I like, I like. Then we got to go home early. Heh, Sheryl called her mum asking her to pick her up. Turns out Sheryl's mum was at the checkout at Coles. Talk about coincidence much.

And OMG~!! My jap teacher is leaving today!!! Nyaaiiyaahhhh!!! The awesome-est teacher traded for a newbie (no offence)... I think Leigha's planning something for our old sensei when she comes to visit though. Demo sa, ganbatte sensei!!
But seriously. Who asks, "Nan sai desuka?" to a new teacher that's only come in for a few minutes to introduce herself to a class?

Now that all the school stuff is out of the way, I can do what I was supposed to do before I got distracted {by stuff that shines, ooohhhh *plays with glittery stuff*}. Yes. Anyway, hope your all ready to cheer. Ready? On the count of five, cheer.

WE

WON

OUR

DEBATE~!!

*insert cheering and fanfare here*

OMFG, it was sooo close. We {or maybe I should say my team, since it was Damian, Adam and Alyson debating and I was the moral support in the audience}, only won by one point. ONE POINT. And if you remember my previous post in regards to the points, that is close. And I have to add a side note, the adjudicator went outside to tell some bogans off, just like our last adjudicator. But this adjudicator didn't interrupt a speech to do so, and we couldn't hear her tell them off. Anyway, this the part where I talk about my team, and then the opposition. I will also have a special section on the Chairperson and the Timekeeper as you will know why later on.

They're were all nervous, including Adam. Their hands, especially Alyson's and Damian's, were clammy. I was nervous, and I wasn't even debating!! But I can understand Damian's nervousness. His first time ever rebutting. And he was good. Of course, everyone stuffs up their first rebuttal, I still stuff it up after two years! So even though he feels really bad about it, with time and practise, he'll get better. Definitely. With all the food Alyson's mum buys for us, of course he will {Sorry Lys, I just had to add that in. It was that children's comment you said to me that inspired that}. Of course, with one of us in the audience and with him lip-reading, nothing will go wrong.
"Slow down."
Yes. Then he finished with a half bow. Very nice. Then came Adam, who, because of the Affirmative team's definition, had half of his speech cut out which forced him in improvise on the spot, did very nicely. I loved the rebuttals, even though the "let me remind you" got a bit repetitive. And he finished with a full bow.
Then along came Alyson, blaring out {okay, more like 'emitting a calm aura and speaking at such a good speed and volume, the opposition can hardly be seen'} rebutting {as all good third speakers should be doing} to the opposition's case. And to quote Lysie, she "finds old houses to have an air about them." And we all know where that originated from, don't we? SHMM.... And finished off nicely on time.
But she didn't bow, or curtsey for that matter.

Now, onto my second point of the opposition, Mt Lawley. Before the debate even started, I had found out the Mt Lawley was the teacher's HQ, as every teachers' conference is held there. I also found out that it was a beautiful school that was old, only because the school has renovated parts of the school one by one. In other words, they have money. Yet, if you were in the audience, you would of thought of them as a public school, working for peanuts to be running. With our team smartly dressed in blazers and ties {which reminds me, I still have to show you that video Alyson}, the three girls were mismatched. Two wore the same colour shirt, while the other wore a different coloured shirt. But one of the two who were wearing the same colours was wearing the proper school shirt. The other seemed to be wearing the top half of her sports uniform. Well, at least it's better than wearing stockings that had a massive rip in them.

But apart from the uniform, they seemed to be alright. Until the first speaker opened her mouth. Her voice was too loud {if your voice shocks the audience when you first talk, then its too loud} and she read off her palm cards for an extensive time without looking up. For a voice that was an octave higher than of a normal man's, it was surprising manly. And she spoke really loudly, which emphasised that fact. I was a bit shocked. Just a bit. Oh, and she thought Willetton was "Wellington". WTF.

Well, the second speaker wouldn't be as bad, right? Well, her speech didn't even make it to the first warning bell that was sounded at four minutes. But she didn't speak as loudly as the first speaker, which was good. She didn't sound like a man {but if she did, then I can't remember it. But I'm pretty sure she didn't}. Too bad she looked like a man.

So here I was, thinking the the third speaker will be the best. She didn't look like a man, and hopefully she wouldn't sound like one either. And my hopes were fulfilled. No manly voice. She opened her mouth, and out came a gust of wind, rattling my ear drums. In other words, she spoke too loud as well. Some people would say, "It could of been worse." I'm sorry to say that it was. Her voice was breaking, like a teenage boy in puberty {public, Lys, public}. And also like the third speaker on JSR. But at least he was a guy.

And the Chairperson and Timekeeper were also from Mt Lawley. From what exposure I had from them, I have concluded I don't want to see them again. Ever. You would think that someone involved in debating would know how to say "adjudicator". Not her apparently. "Adjicator" seems to flow in her world. Timekeeper? She's either a suck-up, a try-hard or a whore. I have concluded that she is try-hard, sucked-upped whore. And she sucks at timekeeping. Even Adam can do a better job than her, and he forgets to ring to bell. And her hair was horrid... And they were laughing openly. Especially when Mt Lawley tried to diss our team, but very sullen when our team defended ourselves.

And Adam actually did the vote of thanks, where one of the team members stands up after the debate and thank people.

Yes. Hey, I just realised, I never said anything about the last debate other than we won by three points, which is a big gap. Well, here's a quick run-through. Damian's first debate ever and we were Affirmative, so we made him first speaker. He's a natural speaker, he pauses at the right time and emphasises the right points. I actually debated in this debate, so I just did what I normally did, which included stuffing up my rebuttal. And Adam is Adam, he rebutted and rebutted. And didn't say as much, "let me remind you"'s in this debate.

Yeppers. Now onto the other team, called JSR {btw, if anyone know what that stands for and which school it is, please tell}. They were all guys, and they all looked a bit nerdy. One more so than others. Nothing wrong with their uniforms. Private school-like, with blazers and ties. They weren't very strong speakers, except for the third speaker, but he didn't really hit our argument at the right points. Not to mention their palm cards were not palm sized and instead, were in different shapes and sizes.

Yes. So anyway, the first speaker {the nerdiest one}, got up. After he had finished reading his first of the mismatched palm cards, he stuffed it in his pocket. He did the same for the next one, and the next one, and the next one. So he pretty much stuffed his whole speech in his pocket. The second speaker was dodgy. But atleast he didn't stuff his speech into his pocket. Then there was the third speaker. Five seconds into his rebuttals, his voice breaks. Adam and Damian observed the "pubes on his head" {this was before we told Damian about the 'public' thing, so Adam must of been having fun}, but he didn't put his mismatched palm cards into his pocket. Nope. He put them on the desk behind him, the Chairperson's desk. So, after his speech, he was scooping a whole pile of paper into his hand.... not very dignified.

And that's that for today. Heh, hope you enjoy reading this extremely long post, which debating took up about three quarters of the post. xD Well, it's very good for some light humour on the selected events of my life, relaxing the tension and relieving the stress of life.

I should stop now.....

Oh wait! Before I go, I should state that I am proud to say:

Even though I overslept today, I still got to school early.

Ain't I awesome?

Oh yeah, and I found out what JSR stood for. John Septimus Roe. No wonder why they prefer to say, "JSR".
http://www.jsracs.wa.edu.au/
If anyone's interested ^.^


DarkAngel81`* 5:01 PM
_________________________________________________________________________





DarkAngel81


About Me

Anime freak, X-Japan lover, FF.net obessed, Jrock VK fangirl, green tea ice-cream's sweet heart, procrastination best/worse friend/enemy.
I rock and you know it.


Likes

anime
manga
food
sleep
bubble tea
coffee
ice-cream
pasta




Friends


| Alyson | Lys | Gel | Jess | JB | Sheryl | Shez | Pure Evil |


Credits


Designed by islenska | Blogger | Blogskins


Talk to Me





History


April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
January 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009