<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/4174362502486325699?origin\x3dhttp://junsui-na-aku.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Weird title, I know. But, it's the theme for a poetry competition I'm entering into, so wish me luck. I don't have much of a high expectation from it though. The sonnet still needs a title though (yes, it's a sonnet. I wanted to try writing a sonnet while not being on a sugar high, courtesy of Milo. Yum yum).


We are a great race, one that could not be felled

We stand proudly under the sun and the moon

We are strong; the wind knows when it rings our bells

Fishes swim in the stream, the birds above croon

Beasts roam amongst us, a perfect harmony

Our peaceful great era could not, can not, end.

Forever untouched by ignominy

No harm fell upon us as no harm felled them.

Our cries are unheard, our anguish never seen

We are falling, falling, falling to the earth

Ripped out, chopped down, it was like we’ve never been

We suffered in silence as they laughed with mirth

Now we can not grow, the image haunts our mind

This isn’t death; this is slaughter of its own kind.



If you're wondering, it's a sonnet about deforestation and I wrote it from the trees perspective. As for which tree, that's up for you to decide..... So technically, the theme is mainly the forest, but I inserted a bit of the "feathers, fins and fur" in it. Like, in two lines. xD

I wrote it up in a pretty strict way, sticking to all the rules and trying to get 11 syllables for each line (except there are two lines that only have 10 syllables, thus, ruining the effect a little). Some of it doesn't flow, but then again, constructive criticism and suggestions are welcome. So tell me if it makes sense. Also, I would like if you told me your initial thoughts after you've read the sonnet.

Domo arigatougasaimasu.




DarkAngel81`* 4:42 PM
_________________________________________________________________________





DarkAngel81


About Me

Anime freak, X-Japan lover, FF.net obessed, Jrock VK fangirl, green tea ice-cream's sweet heart, procrastination best/worse friend/enemy.
I rock and you know it.


Likes

anime
manga
food
sleep
bubble tea
coffee
ice-cream
pasta




Friends


| Alyson | Lys | Gel | Jess | JB | Sheryl | Shez | Pure Evil |


Credits


Designed by islenska | Blogger | Blogskins


Talk to Me





History


April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
January 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009